Letter from Attorney General of Iowa, Tom Miller, me and Lindsay Lewis of the Progressive Policy Institute to the group that supervises good regulatory practice by the federal government in the United States:
Letter: Follow-up to a meeting on vaping and tobacco policy – a crisis in 2020 -it covers five themes:
1. clearing the market of flavored e-cigarettes and likely adverse unintended consequences;
2. the excessive burdens of FDA’s PMTA route to market and how to reduce these;
3. the likely market distortions and concentration in favor of tobacco companies;
4. the rise in youth vaping and how to address it, and;
5. the appropriate interpretation of the recent vaping-related lung damage outbreak.
This builds on a letter to Health Secretary Azar in July: Letter and briefing: Regulation of vaping products – a crisis in 2020