Canada’s proposal to limit e-liquid strengths to 20mg/ml will do more harm than good and has no supporting evidence
Canada’s proposal and regulatory impact analysis.
David Sweanor and I respond with a comment (8 pages PDF)
We do not think the proposed nicotine cap is a good idea and argue that it will do more harm than good. We hope that the weak evidence of benefits and the obvious concerns over harmful unintended consequence will lead to a rethink“.
Also, see great comments from:
- Lynne Dawkins, Sharon Cox and Catherine Kimber, London South Bank University [link]
- David Abrams and Ray Niaura, New York University School of Global Public Health [link]
- Amelia Howard, University of Waterloo, Canada – personal and expert testimony [link]
- Jonathan Foulds, Penn State College of Medicine, USA. [link]
- Juul submission [link] – excellent collection of data.